If you love some tea in the afternoon, then the Langham Place in New York City has just the treat for you.
The Modern Afternoon Tea (US$150) was crafted by chef David Vandenabeele and the team at Measure Lounge.
It consists of:
- Glazed Duck Liver Parfait with Pomegranate Glaze on Brioche,
- White Asparagus and Black Morel Tartlet with Quail Egg and Summer Truffle, and
- Beluga Caviar and Buckwheat Blini.
Sweet treats include:
- Baklava with Sicilian Pistachio and Gold Leaf,
- Pink Rose Laurel Perrier Panna Cotta,
- Hand-Rolled Truffles with Hennessy XO Cognac, and classics like
- Ginnger Nutmeg and Orange scones with Wild Berry Jam and Clotted Cream.
This also comes with teas from In Pursuit of Tea, and half a bottle of champagne. As you can see from these images, the food comes in bento boxes.
The Langham hotels have always been a favourite of royalty and celebrities, including Princess Diana, Napoleon III, Oscar Wilde, Mark Twain, and Sir Winston Churchill. Famed author Arthur Conan Doyle even used the hotel as a setting in two of his Sherlock Holmes stories.
To partake in this special deal, make a reservation 24h in advance.[via Langham Place, New York]